Wondering what to do when you arrive in Japan? Worry no more! I found a few travel guides made by Japan Lover Me contributor Ashley (you can check her blog here.) I think they are really cute and informative. I hope it´s useful if you are planning on visiting one of these cities (or all of them) any time soon! The cities are: Akihabara, Kyoto, Harajuku, Shibuya (Tokyo), Hokkaido, Osaka, Shinjuku, Shimokitazawa, Chiba, Kobe and Nagoya.
Akihabara is considered by many to be an otaku cultural center and a shopping district for computer goods, video games, anime, and manga. (Click here for more info)
1. Visit a maid cafe (Our recommendations: Maidreamin or Popopure! Check out our Popopure Maid Cafe feature here:http://japanlover.me/otaku/otaku-travel-guide/popopure-maid-cafe-in-akihabara/)
2. Buy electronics from Yodobashi Camera (duty free!)
3. Buy interesting / unique stuff (souvenirs) from Donki / Don Quijote Akihabara ( http://japanlover.me/otaku/otaku-travel-guide/kigurumi-maid-and-cosplay-costumes-and-everything-ota-cute-in-don-quijote-akihabara-tokyo/)
4. Visit Gundam Cafe ( http://japanlover.me/otaku/otaku-travel-guide/gundam-cafe-at-akihabara-tokyo/)
5. Visit AKB48 Cafe and Shop
6. Visit Tokyo Anime Center (and fangirl over life-sized anime statues)
7. Buy toys and figures from Mandarake
8. Hoard gachapons
9. Visit Kanda Myojin Shrine – world’s geekiest temple according to http://goo.gl/I5mpd5
10. Shop at Cospa Gee Store Akihabara!
*Visit this link to get more information about these places: